Conference: 9th Biennale of Young Greek Architects
The Hellenic Institute of Architecture organizes, with the co-operation of Benaki Museum and ek magazine as strategic partner, a Conference in the context of the 9th Biennale of Young Greek Architects taking place on Friday, 2 November 2018 at the Auditorium of the Benaki Museum/ Piraeus 138.
The conference will comprise two sessions: in the first session, architects and representatives of the Biennale sponsors will give talks; in the second session, members of the jury will converse with architects whose work has been distinguished in the Biennale.
The aim of this event is to give an opportunity to young architects to present their architectural concerns in relation to the contemporary era. EIA aspires thus to contribute to a dialogue on architecture and the city by tracing the thoughts of young creators.
17:30 Greeting by Elias Constantopoulos, President of E.I.A.
Chair: Miltiadis Tzitzas, Vice-President of E.I.A.
- – Yiannis Kalotaranis: “Hotel Architecture: Discovering new materials”, CEO, Kalotaranis S.A. (Gold Sponsor)
- – Gerasimos Gerolymatos: “Indoor Air Comfort®”, Marketing Manager, Kraft Paints (Silver Sponsor)
- – Dr Pavlos Vatavalis: “Double Skins”, Chief Technical Director, Etem
- – Vois Architects: “Designing Holiday Houses_Axes and Symmetries” powered by Halo Architectural Lighting
- – LC Architects: “Smart Architecture for a Sustainable Future” powered by Terna
- – Natalia Efraimoglou: “An alternative approach to hospitably: The Euphoria Retreat Destination Spa project by Natalia Efraimoglou & Deca Architecture” powered by Schneider Electric
- – Athina Antypa: “From functionality to experience” Marketing Director, Miele
AD Architects: “Archi-tectural approaches” powered by Miele
The members of the Selection Committee, Konstantina Kalfa, Panos Tsakopoulos, Kostas Tsiambaos, Elias Constantopoulos, Theoni Ksanthi, discuss with young architects:
Tina Karali & Thanos Bambanelos
Leonidas Papalambropoulos & Georgia Syriopoulou
Konstantinos Kosmas & Nestoras Skatzouris
Micromega (Alexandros Zomas & Mara Papavasileiou)
ek magazine is Strategic partner to the event
Exhibition 25-27 November 2018 at the Athens Metropolitan Expo.
An ek magazine & Heliarch organized event 7/12/2018 at SNFCC
Coming back on November 16-19, fully renewed...
Competition of projects by Greek architects up to 45 y.o.