Material Matters vol.1
ek architectural magazine introduces a new cycle of workshops regarding the importance of materiality in architectural and constructional production of Greece.
“Each material has its own message”
Frank Lloyd Wright
The aim of these events is to showcase the importance of a series of contemporary and traditional materials to the performance of form, function and meaning finally to architecture and design, through theoretical approaches and works by Greek architects. The presentations will focus on the history of each material, its construction and expressive characteristics, as well as its potential enhancement in new ways through the development of technology and the economy concerning it.
The first workshop, that will take place on the 17th of May 2019 at SNFCC, is dedicated to a material that has determined, both internationally and in Greece, the course of modern and contemporary architecture: Concrete (béton).
11 speakers from the field of architecture and design and an internationally acclaimed architect, invited as keynote speaker, will analyse the role of concrete in their personal work, through interesting presentations.
• Giorgos Aggelis
• Laertis Vasileiou, LAAV Architects
• Andreas Vardas, VardaStudio
• Katerina Grigoropoulou, A Future Perfect
• Demetrios Issaias, Demetrios Issaias – Tassis Papaioannou Office
• Maria Kokkinou & Andreas Kourkoulas, Kokkinou-Kourkoulas Architects
• Praxitelis Kondilis, A31
• Maria Papafigou, Marie Kojar & Johan Annerhed, Ooak Architects
• Dimitris Potiropoulos, Potiropoulos+Partners
• Panagiotis Tsakopoulos
• Alexandros Vaitsos, Deca Architecture
• Keynote Speaker – Pitsou Kedem, Pitsou Kedem Architects
An ek magazine & Heliarch organized event 7/12/2018 at SNFCC
Distinction of architectural and design retail projects.
Competition of projects by Greek architects up to 45 y.o.
The gold ranking results conferred by the Jury.