The company “EK ARCHITECTURAL PUBLICATIONS Ltd” (hereinafter “the Company”) respects the personal data of each visitor to its website. The present policy has been created according to EU Regulation (ΕU) 2016/679 and, along with the Company’s Terms of Service, is applied to the present webpage (www.ek-mag.com), to mobile applications and other services, such as bulletins and notices and describes how the Company processes personal data collected from you or provided by you.
The Company collects and keeps data that are either provided willingly by the visitors of it’s website or are communicated in the framework of the website’s usage, the services it offers and the process of satisfying requests by inserting personal information and/or answers to the appropriate fields. Also, the Company is bound to protect the information (hereinafter: personal data) that is collected via the internet, through this website or by communicating / cooperating with you by e-mail and to use it in the appropriate way.
1. Collection and purposes of usage of personal data
At the Company, we exclusively collect and administer only the personal data that is provided voluntarily by you, when we ask you to fill-in your personal data at the appropriate fields in the process of creating an account at the Company’s website, or of obtaining a subscription to the publications and magazines of the Company (ek, Villas, Apartments, Maison de Campagne, MykonosVillas, ParosVillas and SantoriniVillas), or to the Company’s newsletter, or for your communication with the Company by e-mail, to the extent that the data it necessary for satisfying your requests. Wherever additional information is required, you shall be advised accordingly at the time that the information is collected.
More specifically, personal data is collected:
- In the process of creating an account at the website, when you provide us with your full name, e-mail address and a personal password.
- During your registration as a subscriber of the magazines, when we collect solely the information that is absolutely necessary for the fulfillment of your order, the dispatch of the magazines and the issuing of all legally required tax documents (full name, occupation, company, V.A.T. Number, Tax Authority, address, city, area, phone no., fax no., e-mail address and – if required – data pertaining to your credit card).
- In the process of subscribing to our newsletter, when you provide us with your full name, e-mail address and a personal password
- In the process of electronically purchasing printed or digital material, where, upon submission of your order, you provide your full name, country, address, city, area, postal code, phone no. and e-mail address.
- While submitting a project publication request in the Company’s publications, is filled in the name, the email address, the telephone, the project title, the project location, and the type / category to which the project belongs.
- During the online declaration of participation in events organized by the Company or on behalf of third parties, is stated the name, the profession, the business status, the e-mail address and the telephone.
- While communicating with the Company either by email, telephone, post or via physical appearance during the exhibitions / events we organize and / or participate in.
Your Personal Data is used for the purposes stated herein, provided that we obtain prior permission, or unless this is required or permitted by law.
The purpose of the collection, usage and processing of personal data is to: a) provide services and products which require the use and / or processing in order to be obtainable such as ordering via the Company’s website, sending magazines, posting advertisements or projects, updating new issues, magazine activities and other events and fulfillment of contractual obligations in the framework of execution, delivery, pricing of orders, issuance of tax documents, b) execute requests or respond to inquiries to facilitate the ordering process and its execution, c) promote products and services provided by the Company and via the Website and d) comply with the requirements of applicable law.
2. Transmission of Personal Data
In some cases, the Company may transmit personal data to natural or legal persons who cooperate with, in order to respond while executing requests and contractual obligations.
The Company may transfer certain personal data to other companies affiliated with, and / or store personal data in various locations, as well as in a cloud environment.
Visitors consent to such transfer and / or storage of their personal data abroad while providing them online. In any case, while the personal data is being transmitted to third parties, the consent of the Personal Data Subject is strictly required.
3. Access to Personal Data and Rights
At any time, the data subject has the right to be informed about his/her personal data, the purpose of their storage and processing, as well as to correct, update or modify said data, or to request their deletion by submitting a relevant request at info@ ek- mag.com via the email address that he or she has declared. Also, the data subject has the right to request the deletion of the personal data while processing them pursuant to his/her consent or in order to protect our legitimate interests and once the processing purpose has been completed and the storage period provided by law or contract has lapsed.
Furthermore, in certain services, such as the e-newsletter, you have the right to unsubscribe from the relevant recipient list, at anytime, by selecting the unsubscription option which is being included in every newsletter you receive.
At any time, the data subject has the right to object to the processing of his / her personal data and more precisely to exercise any of the rights provided by the law on the protection of personal data.
Furthermore, whenever the processing of personal data is based on the consent of the individual, he/she has the right to withdraw said consent freely, without effect to the legality of the processing that has been done before retraction based on his/her consent. The withdrawal of the data subject’s consent shall be sent to [email protected]. You can also use the unsubscription options by following the link in our electronic communications.
4. Data Retention Period
Personal data is stored as long as is required by applicable law for the execution of the contract and for the foundation, exercise, and / or support of legal claims.
When processing is required by the provisions of the current legal framework, personal data will be stored for as long as the relevant provisions require.
For the purposes of promoting products and services (marketing activities), your personal data is kept until the withdrawal of consent.
5. Personal Data Security and Data Protection Officer
The Company uses appropriate technical, organizational and security measures to protect Personal Data and information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, revelation or disclosure.